Saturday, September 10, 2011

Happy Birthday Miss Moo Moo



Miss Moo Moo turns five!

Miss Moo Moo : A time capsule of sorts for my baby girl.
 

• You are my little princess. In quiet moments I watch you in awe. 
• You are mad for everything ballet, although you don't want to go to classes.

• You love, love, love to dress up.


• You love all things French: croissants, hot chocolate, baguettes and cheese, the Eiffel Tower, poodles. However you don't want a beret, you tell me that only artists wear them.

• You really like playing with baby Liesl (doll) You named her after Leisl in the Sound of Music. You love changing her nappy, feeding her and putting her to bed. Apparently she does a lot of poos and vomits.
• I love your bedtime routine - every night you get your favourite toy of the moment, have a drink and when you are tucked into bed, you ask me "What was your favourite part of the day?"

• I can't believe how smart and wise you are. Much smarter in life than me sometimes. My little teacher.

• I like to watch the determination in you face when you are trying to do something that you can't.

• In the middle of the night you sometimes get up to go to the toilet. You come to me and we silently do what we have to do, both of us half asleep, trying not to bang into the walls. The only words spoken are when you are back in bed and I am leaving the room. Deep from under the covers your tiny voice speaks: "Love you" It melts my heart every time

• I love watching old movies with you when the boys are not home. Funny Face and Singing in the Rain are your favourites right now.
• I wish that you wouldn't change your clothes seven times a day.

• I love to secretly listen to you while you are playing with your barbies.

• You are desperate for me to make some more dolls clothes. You really like to dress up your dolls.

• You love all Disney Princesses: Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Belle and Snow White. You often ask for your hair to be put up like Belle's.

• I love to see you playing with my dolls that I had as a little girl - Wendy the Wendy doll and Christopher the Cabbage Patch doll
• I love your hair. I love how you wake up in the morning and it still falls beautifully. Actually I'm a little jealous

• When you watched the original Batman movie, you told me you liked Cat Woman and hated The Penguin. (just like me)

• You don't like it if I know all the words to a song and you don't. You ask me to stop singing and give me a funny look.

• I love to watch you dancing to the Flashdance LP. You know all the moves because I showed you once on you-tube.

• You make me laugh when you sneeze, you add a deliberate "achoo" at the end of your actual sneeze.

• I love that you little hand reaches out for mine as we walk along to school, at the shops or on a walk.

• You have just started to eat (some) salad, a month ago you only liked potatoes, pasta, bread and meat.

• You will often jump up from the dinner table and 'act out' an event or a feeling rather than just telling the story.

• You love to make funny faces.

• You sometimes laugh with a over the top, wicked laugh. You love the reaction you get from this laugh.

Happy birthday my lovely little princess.

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely tribute to a sparkling treasure.
    I'm sure that this note from you to your darling daughter will be treasured forever.

    Happy birthday Miss Moo Moo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy bday Miss Moo Moo and here's to you special mum, hope your enjoying a nice glass of wine, cuppa tea or your special bevy. What a lovely post.

    I love their fives, sixes and *gasp* upcoming sevens. Enjoy them all I say :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post, and Happy Birthday to your little Princess!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...